What should you do instead?
These 5 tips will help you have an amazing 2019!
It’s that time of year when everyone’s talking about New Year’s Resolutions. But do you want to know a secret? Twelve percent of people who make them give up by January 17!
Resolutions are usually based on changing outward behavior. Like losing weight or exercising more. While self-care is important, with resolutions there is no attempt to connect these changes of habits to the big picture.
So what should you do?
Make goals instead! Here’s five tips to help you plan for an amazing 2019!
1) Keep the end in mind. Think about what you want to accomplish not only in this year, but in your lifetime. What is your why? What are your desires, you dreams?
2) Invite the Holy Spirit into your planning. This is a step that can be so overlooked. What does God have planned for you? Where does He want you? Spend some time with Him in His Word.
3) Meditate and pray using a Scripture, such as a Psalm. Make a mission statement from a phrase of the Psalm that stands out to you. Think about how you can grow not just with changing habits, but how can God change your CHARACTER?
4) Write down six or seven goals each for major areas of your life—spiritual, your wellbeing, your career, your home, finances, etc.
5) Now the most important part—and this is the secret to accomplishing your goals—you need to break these goals into chunks. What do you need to do in the next three months? What do you need to do this month? This week? Today?
New Year’s Resolutions are not effective. What IS effective is goal setting by keeping the end in mind. Do this and you will definitely have an amazing 2019!