Advanced Narrative Roleplaying
Our time will end with a special ceremony where new participants will be knighted and veterans (those who have been to our club/camp before) will be presented with special awards, medals, and/or decorations. The whole family is welcome to participate in a demo LARP scenario and observe the ceremony as well as a time of fellowship over snacks and dessert. This will be held on the spacious front lawn of the Beasley home near 19th & Uintah.
Fellowship and Food
Is your son and/or daughter looking for an unforgettable adventure this summer?
Who is directing this camp?
- Has a heart for the Great Commission and impacting lives for Christ. Has a special place in her heart for special needs kids and teens.
- Homeschool mom since 2008 and teacher in one capacity or another for over 20 years, including positions as camp counselor
- Creative and loves to help teens and adults reach for God’s best in their lives
- Lifelong enthusiast of J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis and hobby fantasy writer. Her ambition is to publish a fantasy book! She created her own world and language when she was a teen.
- Has managed the Explorers Creativity Club for many years, the last two years as a LARPing Club as well as the summer camp of 2018.
- Plays the role of Queen Amaterien, the “Healing Mother.”
Mrs. Beasley spent her childhood LARPing but didn’t know that it was called that! She and her friends used to “play Narnia” in the mesa behind her house. She then taught her oldest nieces and nephews how to LARP and those nieces and nephews taught their younger cousins/siblings, including her nephew Nate, who is our coach. It is a family tradition! Jacob Turner (AKA Nathen) is our Acting Development Coach. His wonderful wife is his assistant and Mrs. Beasley’s lady in waiting. In other words, Jaden (AKA Victoria) keeps our heads on straight!
- Directed and coached the Explorers LARPing Club for the last two years, including last year’s summer camp.
- Directed and acted in numerous plays. Homeschool graduate.
- Has had many trials in his life and has come so far.
- Has a passion to help others overcome their trials. Ordained minister.
- Deep love for Lord of the Rings and Narnia which he grew up reading.
- Learned how to be a (Advanced Narrative Roleplay) A-N-R game master, a game he invented after being inspired by D&D.
- Able to use his talents to follow a dream of helping youth find a new world in the outdoors and discover their own selves in the process of Live Action Roleplay.
- Studied Martial Arts and other combat techniques.
- Fitness enthusiast.
- Studying to get a personal trainer certification.
- His wife Jaden is a jewelry designer, certified makeup artist, and loves LARPing and children. She is our assistant coach and assistant teacher and has steadfastly helped us for the last two years, including the summer camp in 2018.
- Both are first-aid certified.
Sam Beasley is our weapons designer and sword fighting trainer, or as we call him, Master at Arms. Travis Beasley, husband of Mrs. Beasley, helps tremendously and plays various roles, including King Darien, husband of Queen Amaterien. Our Statement of Faith We strive to be a Christ-centered homeschooling club. That means we will do our best to bring the love of Jesus into everything we do. He loves all people, so all are welcome. We just ask that you respect our beliefs as we aim ourselves to respect all that God brings our way.