You know what it’s like when overwhelm and anxiety hit you. It’s like being paralyzed or a dear caught in the headlights. It’s not pleasant, and panic attacks are brutal, awful things.
For me, overwhelm and anxiety lead to depression, procrastination, and even over eating. It’s frustrating dealing with this stress. I’ve experienced overwhelm and anxiety many times.
So what can you do to overcome it? Here are 9 ideas to help you:
1) Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you, to invade you. Surrender all your fears and anxieties to Him.
2) Picture where Jesus is with you in the moment. What’s His demeanor? What’s He saying to you? What does He want you to know? What does He want you to do?
3) Read Scripture. The app YouVersion has some great devotionals on these topics!
4) Take a break. Take a walk, get outside, go on a hike, go for a drive. Watch a funny movie. Watch a tear jerker. Just get out of the immediate situation and do something else enjoyable.
5) Journal. What is bothering you? What is overwhelming you?
6) Do something creative. If you are a musician, play. If you are a writer, write. If you are a painter, paint.
7) Praise God. This is where breakthrough happens. Sing worship songs. If you’re too stressed at this moment in time, look up worship leaders like Sean Feucht and Kari Jobe on YouTube.
8) Call or talk to a loved one or friend. You don’t have to go through this alone.
9) Get perspective. Remember that you are a finite being who can’t see the whole picture. Ultimately, God has the whole picture. All you have to do is go step by step, one foot after another. Figure out what the next step is, and do that.
I hope that helps! Overwhelm and anxiety can be so debilitating. Take these steps and you will reach new heights in your life and beyond!
Featured Image by Adobe Stock: