This School Year, Experience an Enrichment Program with Us that’s Out of this World!
Enrollment for Spring 2023 is open!
Is your son or daughter enthralled with Lord of the Rings or Narnia and RPG gaming? Are you looking to bring creativity back into your homeschooling and adventure in your lives? Do your kids love gaming, and role playing? Do you want your son or daughter to learn how to find courage in the midst of all the craziness going on in the world and learn how God can walk side by side with them in this journey of life?
Do you have a son or daughter in public or private or online school that loves gaming and roleplaying? They can be involved in our Saturday Only Club!
Is your son or daughter feeling lonely, purposeless, adrift, especially in the aftermath of 2020 and beyond? Are your children suffering from depression from these challenges? Do they feel isolated, bored, and like they have nowhere to belong? Are you struggling to find a program that will balance their needs for fun, education, socialization, and PE? Do you have an autistic son or daughter that wants to meet new friends but doesn’t fit into the “normal” enrichment program? Do you have a child that is not suited for traditional classrooms? Are you looking for an in-person social opportunity where your kids will get plenty of exercise and sunshine?
Then you have found the right place!
We are open for enrollment!
Explorers LARPing Club Spring 2023 Starts January 5 and ends May 5 with our Knighting/Awards Ceremony. Ditch Battling, Weapons Making & Crafts, Live Action Role Playing, Narrative Role Playing, Acting Games near Uintah and 19th Street in Colorado Springs, CO.
EDUCATIONAL AND FUN! Make new friends! Medieval Fantasy so learn about that time period in a fun, relaxed way. Improvisational drama practice. Immersive Learning. Improves mental wellbeing and academic performance especially in writing!
For kids age 11-17. We’re limited to 20 participants so be ready to sign up when registration opens.
January 5 & 19: Homeschooling Class. January 14: LARPing event. February 2 & 16: Homeschooling Class. February 11: LARPing event. March 2 & 16: Homeschooling Class. March 11: LARPing Event. April 6 & 20: Homeschooling Class. April 15: LARPing Event. May 5 (evening): Knighting/Awards Ceremony.
All times except awards ceremony 1:30-4:30 pm. Classes are the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month and the intervening Saturdays are the LARPing events.
Dates are subject to change depending on the weather. If there is inclement weather, we will do a Zoom meeting for narrative role playing.
Get involved in active game playing and building friendships!
Exceptional Kids More than Welcome and Encouraged!
How Will Your Kid Benefit?
About AngelArts Enrichment Programs
Dana Susan Beasley, homeschool mother and curriculum author, and Dana’s son, Sam, will lead this extraordinary club that will bring excitement and friendship to homeschooling pre-teens and teens in the Colorado Springs area.
This is not just an extra-curricular program. Our enrichment club is an integrated learning experience that combines physical education, drama, history, arts and crafts, creativity, fun, and friendship. Our philosophy is learning by play and experiential-based activities. Therefore we are not a place of traditional classroom learning.
We will be facilitating the LARPing experience through our own fantasy world. Along with that, students will have the opportunity to learn about improv acting, make swords and other weapons, and creating medieval accessories and projects.
If time allows, we will have acting games/acting skits at each class/event. There will also be a short Bible lesson led by Mrs. Beasley.
Students have a chance to level up much like a role playing gaming system. We also give out “coins” and students can spend their money earned on “store” items at our LARPing events and also purchase enchantments for their weapons.
In addition, your child can learn world building and quest designing while we explore and expand our narrative roleplaying sessions together.
We also have a membership site that is user-friendly and is gamified. Yes, it means students can earn benefits at our classes/events for completing tasks on our portal! We will make our stories and history and Bible lessons available for all participants so this is a great learning resource!
To provide Christ-centered and character based Live Action Role Playing, battle skirmish physical education, arts and crafts experiences, immersive history, and drama games, practice, and lessons.
What are the details?
- Enrichment club meetings to include PE (ditch battling, drills, and sword fighting), Bible lessons, arts and crafts, role playing (both live and narrative), history from medieval fantasy, character development, acting, creative writing, and more.
- These classes can count as PE, history, literature, English composition, creative writing, drama, and arts. You can add to our enrichment program with your own unit studies and of course the hours count as credits and school hours! This year our theme will be medieval fantasy set in a world similar to Lord of the Rings/Narnia.
- Includes Christ-centered teachings given by Mrs. Beasley. This year’s theme is “Courage” and we will be taking parts of our story line from the Israelites defeating the giants in the Promise Land.
- Access to our Player’s Handbook for LARPing and ANR, Character Analysis Sheets, etc, as well as our Web portal with resources and lessons. It’s gamified so students can earn XP and level up!
- For ages 11 through 17. We are not babysitters but play facilitators. We help your children learn through experiences not classroom instruction. Siblings welcome.
- Players limited to 20 students. Available on a first come first serve basis.
- Location for Classes and LARPing events: Mrs. Beasley’s house near 19th & Uintah. Upon signing up, you will automatically receive an email to your membership portal with all the information you need.
- A waiver form, COVID form, and photo release form (optional but much appreciated) must be signed by parent or guardian before attending. The forms must be turned in as well as the registration form available on the portal before child can participate. All the forms are available on the portal before classes begin.
- If a snowstorm forces the closure of our club, we will reschedule events to the best of our ability. Sometimes we utilize Zoom for ANR. Students must be respectful in order to participate.
- Every effort will be made to make this a safe environment. Rules will be enforced with a “retreat” policy until children are ready to behave respectfully. No bullying or name calling or unwholesome talk will be tolerated. Respect is our core value in our group. Hard hitting with LARPing weapons is not allowed, neither is spinning or acting out in rage or hostility. Threatening behavior such as threatening to kill will result in immediate dismissal. We expect students to respect leaders and respect other students.
- We will make common sense efforts to discourage the spread of COVID through smart practices such as disinfecting and washing hands frequently. Children must be well to participate.
Who is directing this club?
Has a heart for the Great Commission and impacting lives for Christ. Has a special place in her heart for special needs kids and teens.
- Homeschool mom since 2008 and teacher in one capacity or another for over 25 years, including positions as camp counselor.
- Creative and loves to help youth and adults reach for God’s best in their lives.
- Lifelong enthusiast of J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis and hobby fantasy writer. Her ambition is to publish fantasy books! She created her own world and language when she was a teen.
- Mrs. Beasley spent her childhood LARPing but didn’t know that it was called that! She and her friends used to “play Narnia” in the mesa behind her house. She then taught her oldest nieces and nephews how to LARP and those nieces and nephews taught their younger cousins/siblings, including her nephew Nate, who helped develop our program and was our coach for several years.
- Married for over 24 years to her husband, Travis, who she helps run his architectural firm. Travis participates in the LARPing as King Darien or one of our shepherds or whatever other role we have in mind!
Sam Beasley, Man at Arms
- Runs Ditch Battling games and gives sword fighting instruction.
- Inventor of LARPing weapons and accessories.
- Historical afficianado.
- Experienced working with children in our LARPing program and summer camps.
- Deep love for Lord of the Rings and Narnia which he grew up reading and watching.
- Map Maker
- Loves live action play and ditch battling.
- Knowledgeable about sword play and drills and experienced teaching it.
- Love for the Lord.
Our Statement of Faith
We strive to be a Christ-centered homeschooling club. That means we will do our best to bring the love of Jesus into everything we do. He loves all people, so all are welcome. We just ask that you respect our beliefs as we aim ourselves to respect all that God brings our way. Respecting our beliefs means that during our classes and events, there is no negativity or arguing especially during our devotional.
Click here to read our Statement of Faith.
Join our Facebook Group for Updates!
NOTE: This is NOT joining the LARPing membership club. This is for the Facebook group only. Click on the “Enroll Now” buttons above and below to purchase your membership option.
Helping Exceptional Children Excel through Creative Expression
One aspect we love about our program is that we get to help children with differing abilities overcome challenges and excel through creative expression. Some of the wonderful stories include a child who overcame aggression issues, children who made friends, and children who went from not being able to write a sentence to writing novels! We deeply believe in neurodiversity and that every child is gifted by God!
Would you like to become a sponsor?
Email Dana at email@example.com for more information. We’re looking for sponsors for our club and camp to help our families with costs and scholarships.
News & Updates
Uncovering Your Hidden Gem: How to Stand Out and Shine!
Over the course of the next few months, I'm going to be doing a series on "Uncovering the Hidden Gems in Your Life and Business." The first topic in my new series is how to embrace what makes you unique! So enjoy! Embrace What Makes You Unique! 1. Make It a Part of...
What’s In a Name for a Brand Identity? Everything!
When it comes to a Brand Identity your name is everything. Shakespeare may have asked, “What’s in a name?” and postulated that it didn’t matter. That a rose would smell as sweet no matter what it was labeled. But, in business a name is the foundation of your brand, of...
How to Discover Callings and Passions for those on the Autism Spectrum
Autistics possess an incredible range of skills and abilities. In fact, in some corporations, they are highly sought after. This is because their narrow interests allow them to hone in and master skills. I think of my husband, who is Aspergers. He has loved drawing...
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Contact us today to find out more information about our Explorers LARPing Creativity Club.