This Fall and Beyond, Experience an Enrichment Program with Us that’s Out of this World!
Is your son or daughter enthralled with Lord of the Rings or Narnia and RPG gaming? Are you looking to bring creativity back into your homeschooling and adventure in your lives? Do your kids love gaming, sci-fi, role playing?
Do you have a son or daughter in public or private or online school that loves gaming and roleplaying? They can be involved in our Saturday Only Club!
Is Your Son or Daughter Feeling Lonely, Purposeless, Adrift, especially in the aftermath of 2020 and beyond? Are your children suffering from depression from these challenges? Do they feel isolated, bored, and like they have nowhere to belong? Are you struggling to find a program that will balance their needs for fun, education, socialization, and PE? Do you have an autistic son or daughter that wants to meet new friends but doesn’t fit into the “normal” enrichment program? Do you have a child that is not suited for traditional classrooms? Are you looking for an in-person social opportunity where your kids will get plenty of exercise and sunshine?
Then you have found the right place!
We are instituting our full program starting in September!
Explorers LARPing Club Fall/Spring 21-22 Starts September 9. Ditch Battling, Weapons Making & Crafts, Live Action Role Playing, Narrative Role Playing, Acting Games near Uintah and 19th Street in Colorado Springs, CO.
EDUCATIONAL AND FUN! Make new friends! Medieval Fantasy with a Renaissance History base. Improvisational drama practice. Immersive Learning. Improves mental wellbeing and academic performance especially in writing!
For kids age 12 and up. Call 719-212-8977 for kids ages 7-11, especially if you have siblings who want to join. Parents of any younger ages MUST be present during program times for at least the first three times until the child’s behavior is proven to be reliable. Or a rotating volunteer schedule could be implemented. We’re limited to 20 participants so be ready to sign up when registration opens.
We will be arranging special events for kids ages 7-11 once a semester so be sure to like our Facebook page for the event notifications.
* September 9 & 23: Homeschooling Class. September 18: LARPing Event. October 7 & 21: Homeschooling Class. October 16: LARPing Event. November 4 & 18: Homeschooling Class. November 13: LARPing Event. December 2: Homeschooling Class. December 18: LARPing Event. December 16 (evening): Christmas Madrigal Dinner. January 6 & 20: Homeschooling Class. January 15: LARPing Event. February 3 & 17: Homeschooling Class. February 12: LARPing Event. March 3 & 17: Homeschooling Class. March 12: LARPing Event. April 7 & 21: Homeschooling Class. April 16: LARPing Event. May 5 (evening): Knighting Ceremony.
Dates are subject to change depending on the weather.
Get involved in active game playing and building friendships!
Exceptional Kids More than Welcome and Encouraged!
How Will Your Kid Benefit?
About AngelArts Enrichment Programs
Dana Susan Beasley, homeschool mother and curriculum author, her nephew, Nathen, who is our coach, and Dana’s son, Sam, will lead this extraordinary club that will bring excitement and friendship to homeschooling pre-teens and teens in the Colorado Springs area.
This is not just an extra-curricular program. Our enrichment club is an integrated learning experience that combines physical education, drama, history, arts and crafts, creativity, fun, and friendship. Our philosophy is learning by play and experiential-based activities. Therefore we are not a place of traditional classroom learning.
We will be facilitating the LARPing experience through our own fantasy world. Along with that, students will have the opportunity to learn about improv acting, make swords and other weapons, and creating medieval accessories and projects.
If time allows, we will have acting games/acting skits at each class/event. There will also be a short Bible lesson led by Nathen Creed. Our theme this year is joy and our foundational verses are from Isaiah 61.
Students have a chance to level up much like a role playing gaming system. We also give out “coins” and students can spend their money earned on “store” items at our LARPing events and also purchase enchantments for their weapons.
This year, we are introducing a membership site that is user friendly and is gamified. Yes, it means students can earn benefits at our classes/events for completing tasks on our portal! We will make our history and Bible lessons available for all participants so this is a great learning resource!
To provide Christ-centered and character based Live Action Role Playing, battle skirmish physical education, arts and crafts experiences, immersive history, and drama games, practice, and lessons.
What are the details?
- Enrichment club meetings to include PE (ditch battling, drills, and sword fighting), Bible lessons, arts and crafts, role playing (both live and narrative), history, character development, acting, creative writing, and more. See dates below.
- These classes can count as PE, history, literature, English composition, creative writing, drama, and arts. You can add to our enrichment program with your own unit studies and of course the hours count as credits and school hours! This year we will be focusing on Renaissance History so we will be talking about the Age of Enlightenment, the Reformation, Explorers, and more. And of course, we’ll highlight the major battles of the period!
- Includes Christ-centered teachings given by Nathen Creed based on joy, starting with Isaiah 61. We will also act some stories out in brief skits as time allows.
- Access to our Player’s Handbook for LARPing and ANR, Character Analysis Sheets, etc, as well as our Web portal with resources and lessons. It’s gamified so students can earn XP and level up!
- For ages 12 through 18. Younger kids accepted on a case by case basis. Parents of younger kids must be present until a proven track record of behavior is established for younger kids. We are not babysitters but play facilitators. We help your children learn through experiences not classroom instruction. Siblings welcome.
- Players limited to 20 students. Available on a first come first serve basis.
- Location for Classes and LARPing events: Mrs. Beasley’s house near 19th & Uintah. Upon signing up, you will automatically receive an email to your membership portal with all the information you need.
- A waiver form, COVID form, and photo release form must be signed by parent or guardian before attending. This can be signed in person at the events. All the forms are available on the portal before classes begin.
- If a snowstorm forces the closure of our club, we will reschedule events to the best of our ability. Sometimes we utilize Discord for ANR. We will also have an online group. Students must be respectful in order to participate.
- Every effort will be made to make this a safe environment. Rules will be enforced with a “retreat” policy until children are ready to behave respectfully. No bullying or name calling or unwholesome talk will be tolerated. Respect is our core value in our group. Hard hitting with LARPing weapons is not allowed, neither is spinning or acting out in rage or hostility. Threatening behavior such as threatening to kill will result in immediate dismissal.
- We will make common sense efforts to discourage the spread of COVID through smart practices such as disinfecting and washing hands frequently. Children must be well to participate.
Who is directing this club?
Has a heart for the Great Commission and impacting lives for Christ. Has a special place in her heart for special needs kids and teens.
- Homeschool mom since 2008 and teacher in one capacity or another for over 20 years, including positions as camp counselor.
- Creative and loves to help youth and adults reach for God’s best in their lives.
- Lifelong enthusiast of J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis and hobby fantasy writer. Her ambition is to publish fantasy books! She created her own world and language when she was a teen.
- Mrs. Beasley spent her childhood LARPing but didn’t know that it was called that! She and her friends used to “play Narnia” in the mesa behind her house. She then taught her oldest nieces and nephews how to LARP and those nieces and nephews taught their younger cousins/siblings, including her nephew Nate, who is our coach. It is a family tradition!
- Married for over 22 years to her husband, Travis, who she helps run his architectural firm. Travis participates in the LARPing as King Darien or one of our shepherds or whatever other role we have in mind!
Nathen Creed is our Acting Development Coach.
- Directed and acted in numerous plays. Homeschool graduate.
- Has had many trials in his life and has come so far.
- Has a passion to help others overcome their trials.
- Deep love for Lord of the Rings and Narnia which he grew up reading.
- Learned how to be a (Advanced Narrative Roleplay) A-N-R game master, a game he invented after being inspired by D&D.
- Able to use his talents to follow a dream of helping youth find a new world in the outdoors and discover their own selves in the process of Live Action Role Play.
- Studied Martial Arts and other combat techniques.
- Fitness enthusiast.
- Ordained youth minister through an online Christian organization.
Sam Beasley, Man at Arms
- Inventor of LARPing weapons and accessories.
- Historical afficianado.
- Experienced working with children in our LARPing and summer camps.
- Deep love for Lord of the Rings and Narnia which he grew up reading and watching.
- Map Maker
- Loves live action play and ditch battling.
- Knowledgeable about sword play and drills and experienced teaching it.
- Love for the Lord.
Our Statement of Faith
We strive to be a Christ-centered homeschooling club. That means we will do our best to bring the love of Jesus into everything we do. He loves all people, so all are welcome. We just ask that you respect our beliefs as we aim ourselves to respect all that God brings our way.
Click here to read our Statement of Faith.
Join our Facebook Group for Updates!
Keep up to date on all our events, classes, and camps! Join our Facebook group to keep updated so you can RSVP.
NOTE: This is NOT joining the LARPing membership club. This is for the Facebook group only. Click on the “Enroll Now” buttons above and below to purchase your membership option.
Join our Email List for Updates!
Keep up to date on all our events, classes, and camps! Join our Email list to keep updated so you can RSVP. NOTE: This is NOT joining the LARPing membership club. This is for email notifications only. Click on the “Enroll Now” buttons above and below to purchase your membership option.
Helping Exceptional Children Excel through Creative Expression
One aspect we love about our program is that we get to help children with differing abilities overcome challenges and excel through creative expression. Some of the wonderful stories include a child who overcame aggression issues, children who made friends, and children who went from not being able to write a sentence to writing novels! We deeply believe in neurodiversity and that every child is gifted by God!
Would you like to become a sponsor?
Email Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We’re looking for sponsors for our club and camp to help our families with costs and scholarships.
News & Updates
If you know anything about AngelArts, you know what our emphasis is--the creative arts! And that's why in our entrepreneurial courses we give each student a mini graphic design tutorial. And we're working on a dedicated course on graphic design. But how did this...
There are many ways to embrace Youth Entrepreneurship and here are Five Steps to jumpstart your adventure as a Youth Entrepreneur. Step One - Know Your Why Knowing why you want to do something in the ﬁrst place will make all the difference as you go...
by Nathen Creed I wasn’t always able to pursue my passions. In fact, it wasn’t all that long ago that I endured a lifestyle of hopelessness, despair, and lack of vision. I was unable to see where I was going in life. Those were some of the most humbling and yet...
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Contact us today to find out more information about our Explorers LARPing Creativity Club.